England’s Coast Consumer Survey Results 2022
After a turbulent couple of years for coastal tourism businesses, finding out what is important to potential visitors is crucial to forward planning. Would consumers be willing to pay more for a sustainable trip? Would they visit in winter? And, most importantly, if they visited, would they come back again next year?
Find out what today’s visitors really think in our consumer survey, conducted between October and November 2022.
Access Full Article
- 80% said they’d like to return to the coast within the next year
- 88% thought their holiday was either excellent or good value for money
- 96% of respondents were satisfied with their coastal break in 2022
- 78% claimed that reducing their carbon footprint or making more sustainable choices on holiday was important
- 47% would like more free activities at the coast
- 63% are being cautious due to the cost of living crisis
- Looking forward Price is the top factor influencing consumer bookings in 2023
- 62% said they’d like to see more businesses open in winter
- Why visit the coast? The main motivation for a visit to the coast was relaxation, quality time with friends or family and to sightsee and explore