The National Coastal Tourism Academy (NCTA) supports the growth of the visitor economy on the
coast through the dissemination of good practice and the creation and
interpretation of research that leads to exceptional visitor experiences.
- Lead on the Coastal Visitor Economy Vision and Action Plan.
- Work with the
tourism industry, government and academia to raise the profile of coastal
tourism and help coastal communities maximise the opportunities for growth on
- Lead on the marketing of the coast to International visitors through England's Coast (www.englandscoast.com)
- Share good practice,
insights and research that inform growth and destination development. All of our projects are freely available on
our Resource Hub.
- Interpret existing and commission new research that focuses on improving the
competitiveness and productivity of small-and medium-sized enterprises and destinations
in the visitor economy on the coast.
- Provide guidance and advice on issues affecting the visitor
economy in coastal destinations.
- Develop and test approaches to improve the visitor experience
of coastal destinations.